First Friday Map: September 5, 2014
1. AFA Gallery - Mark Chuck, Dana Gabel, and Travis Prince.
2. AFA Gallery (Upstairs) - Michael B. Harris & Judith Snyder.
3. Artwork’s Gallery & Studio - In Color: Rolfe Ross.
4. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates, Inc. - Hand-Painted Furniture: Lisa Pirrami Lynady.
5. Carl von Luger Steak & Seafood - Music by The Alan Gaumer Quartet featuring Alan Gaumer- Trumpet, Nelson Hill- Saxophone, Tony Marino- Bass, Pat Marcinko- Drums.
6. Christopher’s Salon and Day Spa - Pieces of Me: Art and words exhibit based on family photographs by Kym Balthazar Fetsko.
7. Connell Marketplace - Group Show: Eric Miller, Allison LaRussa; music by Breathing Easy.
8. Courthouse Square - Celebrate Interdependence On the Square: Various artists. Connect, collaborate, and create community.
9. Courthouse Square – Parents as Teachers – EOTC - Sidewalk Chalk Art: Little Hands Big Art Lessons with Miss Lisa. Children’s creative art expression @ Court House Square-Washington Ave.
10. Eden, A Vegan Cafe - Things and Junk – A Collection Of Collection Items: Pen, ink, pencil, and notebook paper by Shackleford.
11. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill - Belly Dancing: Mallory.
12. Ferrone Family Winery - Timmy Ferrone.
13. The Hilton Scranton & Conference Center - Scrapbook of Life: Rae Wright.
14. Lackawanna College – Seeley Hall - 120th Anniversary Celebration: Photographs and artifacts from Lackawanna College’s history. Live music by The Sassafras Duo. Light refreshments. Lackawanna College Seeley Memorial Library, 406 N. Washington Ave., Scranton.
15. Laura Craig Galleries - A Coastal Journey: Photography and book signing by Kathy Fallon; music by “Good Vibes” Bill Weber and John Andrews.
16. The Library Express - Milkweed & Poppyseed : Becky Townsend. Becky works primarily with natural fibers and fabrics, sewing both by hand and machine. Her current work includes standing wool rugs, bags and totes.
17. Marquis Art & Frame - For What It’s Worth: Sam Barrese.
18. The Mall At Steamtown (between FootLocker and GameStop) - International Interdependence Hexagon Project VIII: Student and adult-made hexagons which demonstrate our interconnectedness, including clay, digital, wood, fiber and iron!Also includes the Citizens” Hexagon Project – hexagons made in community by Fire and Iron, Century club, Library Express, RiverFest, Arts on the Square and others; music by Mark Woodyatt.
19. Northern Light Espresso Bar - Landscapes of Northeastern Pennsylvania Throughout the Yea: Paintings in oil by Gregory Pelly.
20. Tom Grudis Optical/ The Bare Accessories - Stories in Stone: Book signing by Julie Snell-Esty.
21. Trax Platform Lounge at The Radisson - History At the Station: Periodic art; music by Downtown Scranton Musicfest featuring Daddy O & the Sax Maniacs, Picture Perfect, Fab3, DJ Jack Martin, & The Cinder Brothers.
22. The Workshop - Just Covering Our Bases: Yarn-bombed furniture and paintings by Jess Meoni and Victoria Wright.
23. Duffy Accessories - Primarily Plants: Julie Bryne; music by Dave Brown.
24. NOTE Fragrances - The Intricacies of Influential 20th Century Figures: Kyle Van Zandbergen.
25. Forage Space - New Works: Julianna Brazill.
26. Courthouse Square (corner of Spruce and N. Washington) – Alternative Music: 99.5 WUSR University of Scranton Radio Station.
27. The Bog - Heirloom – Wood, Paint, Glue: Jonathan and Leigh Slingluff.
28. The Keys: Beer & Spirits - Luna: Desiree DelGaudio; music by Brad Parks.
29. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – Recent Paintings: Heidi Van Leuven.
30. POSH at Scranton Club – A Taste of POSH: Extraordinaire Entrees will be made & displayed by Chef de Cuisine Jourdan Azevedo, Sous Chef Damian Miseo and Kyle Briggs; music by Matt Michaylo.
31. Ale Mary’s - Photography by Misericordia Artist Mary Bove; music by Misericordia University A Cappella group Beyond Harmony and Light Weight.