First Friday Map: October 4, 2013
1. 417 Lackawanna Avenue, LLC – Superheroes: Paintings drawings and digital prints by Ryan Ritterbeck and Gerry Stankiewicz.
2. AFA Gallery – Seventy Years of Painting: Earl Lehman and Carol Oldenburg.
AFA Gallery Upstairs – Gates of Infinity: Pilar Jimenez.
3. Arts On Adams – Grand Opening: Various artists featuring Lindsay Barrasse, Allison LaRussa, Benjamin Adcroft, John Ingiaimo, Aubrey McClintock, Tina Imel; music by Apostolis Kal.
4. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates & Gifts, LLC – Gone To the Dogs: Elaine Tweedy; book signing by author Michael Lally “HELEN…The First Trojan Horse”; music by SOS Jazz Band.
5. The Bog – Choe Fo Sho: Jonesy.
6. Café Trio, Chocolate Creations, Ferrone Winery, Realty Network Commercial Group – Photography by Lacey Lynn; D&E “Duct Tape Design” by Danielle Jenkins & Emily; music by Jillian Gratz.
7. Carl von Luger Steak & Seafood – An Evening Filled with Sophistication & Swing; live jazz music by Gerard Mayer featuring: Gerard Mayer – Vocals; Marshal Kornblatt – piano; Joe Cole – bass; Pat Marcinko III – drums.
8. City Café – RAILFANNING 50 YEARS – Original RR Photography 1963-2013: Joe Cimini; music by The Duke & The Dauphin.
9. Spruce Street (on Courthouse Square) – NAMI Scranton Candlelight Vigil for Mental Illness Awareness Week; Scranton Reads Presents The Red Badge of Courage.
10. Courthouse Square – Express Your Creativity In Chalk: Free family, youth & group activitiy as part of Scranton Tomorrow Annual Chalk and Walk. Event includes children activity and giveaways.
11. Eden – A Vegan Cafe – Throughout the Years: Patrick Murphy.
12. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill - Belly Dancing: Various dancers.
13. The Keys: Beer & Spirits – A Day To Remember: Matt Wheeler; music by The Daymen & Special Guests.
14. Lackawanna College – Seeley Hall – A Homecoming Celebration: Various student and alumni participation – An eclectic visual arts display including sketches, photography, digital imaging, and more with musical accompaniment; There will also be a Lackawanna College Falcon’s Football Meet ‘n Greet, and a fireworks display @ 8:30 from the Parking Garage at Linden & Washington to kick off our Homecoming Celebration!; music by LC Showcase.
15. Lounge 414 – Abstractions: Erin Jordan; music by Two Strangers.
16. New Life Baptist Church – Assorted Art & Cookout. In addition to the artwork New Life invites all to enjoy complimentary burgers, hot dogs and other grill favorites during their outdoor cook out.
17. Penn Security Bank – Picture Your Impact – We Have the Promise!: United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties presents various community artists featuring children’s art displayed (and created that evening), launch of photography project highlighting work of the United Way in the community, “Storytime” Live readings of children’s literature, kids yoga/exercise, Marywood University student art.
18. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – Latest Paintings: Heidi Van Leuven.
19. PNC Bank Flag Park – Express Your Creativity In Chalk: Free family, youth & group activity as part of Scranton Tomorrow Annual Chalk and Walk. Event includes children activity and giveaways.
20. POSH at the Scranton Club – First Friday Community Collaborative Mural provided by Heart to Art; music by DJ Walt.
21. St. Luke’s Church – St. Luke’s Annual Pet Blessing – Petraits: Maureen Monscewski. Come & join us 6:30 pm to see Brook Valley Farms mother/daughter horse team “April & Molly” receive a blessing with the Rev. William J. Marshall followed by a blessing in the Church for all pets….Horse drawn carriage rides will be available throughout the evening…..Fall Happenings: St. Luke’s Youth Group ages 4-11 artworks of various abstract/watercolors; Miss Kayla Bickauskas hosting/raising funds serving beverages to benefit Griffin Pond Animal Shelter; Shampooch Grooming Salon with owner Tammy Jo Lagoey; Endless Dreams Animals co-owner Jessica Exley bringing some of their animals for you to meet; Star/Moon gazing with Lackawanna Astronomical Society in front of the church & in the Warren Memorial Garden area.
22. Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple – Genre Photography – A Walk In Our Shoes: Kaitlin Staples.
23. The Scranton Times Building – School Spirit: a photo exhibit of local high school marching bands.
24. The Vintage – Shape Shifters: Featuring mixed media, yarn “bombing” graffiti, ceramics and painting by Kati Kameroski, Baba Yarnga and Diana Perciballi. This trio of artists’ work is manifested in varying shape and style.
25. Wendell & Company Interior Design & Antiques – Hunt for Red October At The Ritz: Lisa Petz Military Heroes of NEPA photos and calendar proceeds to benefit St. Francis Commons, through UNICO Foundation; Julie Esty Book Signing; music by Michael F. Dillion.
26. The Workshop – All Things Printed: Various artists featuring letterpress, screenprints, etchings on paper, shirts, bags and coasters by Christine Medley, Matt Hiller, Cristin Powers, and others.
27. Duffy Accessories – Falls Fab Finds: Worldwide Natural Stones locally crafted into one of a kind personalized jewelry.
28. Northern Light Espresso Bar – Photography Through a Teenage Lens: Emily Smith.