1. AFA Gallery – AFA Winter Member Exhibition: Various artists. Over 50 works in a variety of styles and media from AFA members!
2. Alexander’s Salon & Spa – Russel Lucas: photographs; live music.
3. ArtWorks Gallery & Studio – Solstice, a celebration: PDDC, Verve Vertu, and Artworks.
4. B’s Floral Design, Inc – Pre-Mayan Calendar Artist Blow-Out!: Various artists. Group Show by former presenters: Windows for the Community Intervention Center by Mike Roddick; Fusion Art Jewelry by Dody Ottaviani; Photography by Lynne Andreoli; Batik by Verve Virtu, Detusch Institute; and Notables by Kathry; music by Jung Bergo with Jeremy Brink.
5. Benjamin Adcroft Studio – Benjamin Adcroft: paintings by the artist; music by Adam Catscratch.
6. Bella Faccias Personalized Chocolates & Gifts, LLC – Saints On Board: Watercolors by Diane Borelli.
7. Camerawork Gallery – Photographs Of the American Vernacular: D. B. Stovall.
8. CareNet of Scranton – Memorial for HMS Bounty: Photography, video, and artifacts from various artists.
9. Chocolate Creations, Ferrone Winery, Realty Network Commercial Group, Café Trio – Vintage Cartoons, Designs, and Window Paintings: Scranton High School Students from Mrs. Dreater-Lozada’s class; music by Jim Wolfe.
10. City Café – Landscapes in Oil: Ivan Roumiantsev.
11. Connell Lofts – Xmas Games – An Interactive Holiday Experience: The PopUp Studio/ Illumination Art’s Youth Group. Through a workshop with The Pop Up Studio, United Neighborhood Center’s Illumination Art’s Youth Group presents Xmas Games, an Interactive Holiday Experience. We invite the public to participate in various holiday themed activities, such as interactive art, visual art, and installation art, as inspired by the Hunger Games book series.
12. The Crazy Pineapple – Sticks Furniture: Handcrafted furniture within Sticks’ award winning studio in Des Moines, Iowa. All pieces are finely crafted from birch, poplar and driftwood. The pieces are further designed with hand drawn imagery, etched contouring and vibrantly blended paint.
13. Duffy Accessories – “Ellen Robbillard O’Hara”: Book signing and chat with Patricia Lawhon; music by reflexologist Maureen Watson.
14. Exhale Hookah Lounge & Kabob Grill – Music by Dj Mazeoner.
15. The Fanciful Fox – Custom Painted Ornaments by HHM: Samantha Rosenkranz.
16. Fidelity Bank – Sounds Of the Season: music by The Marko Marcinko Christmas Jazz Trio.
17. GreenBeing – Splashes of Color: Lanee Olson.
18. Grand Lobby At The Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel – Digital Display: George G. Penyak; music by Phil Hinton.
19. The Hilton Scranton & Conference Center – The Art of Culinary: Shrimp ceviche with Chef Zenon.
20. The Hope Horn Gallery, Hyland Hall at The University of Scranton – University of Scranton Juried Student Exhibition
21. The Keys: Beer & Spirits – Peeking Into…: Yvonne Caudullo; music and cd release party by the Invisible Swordsmen.
22. Kildare’s Irish Pub – Walking in a Winter Wonderland: Jordan Fees.
23. Lackawanna County Children’s Library – The Polar Express: Model train display by Jim Loven; Artwork by kindergarten students from Prescott and Kennedy Elementary schools, Jennifer Felter, instructor; Reading of Polar Express with Laureen Maloney, and children’s craft including letters to Santa and Polar Express hot chocolate. From 5PM -8PM.
24. Laura Craig Galleries – Natura Sensus: Mixed media by Karl Neuroth. Focused once more on the intrinsic character of the subject at hand, the smaller works that comprise this exhibit are a gentle compliment to Neuroth’s larger configurations with their signature display of jubilant color and content. Here he turns to a more delicate palette, featuring white(s) and the virtue of diminutive scale.
25. Lavish Body and Home – Seasonal Watercolors: Jack Puhl.
26. New Life Baptist Church – December: Various Artists.
27. New Visions Studio & Gallery – Give the Gift Of Art This Holiday Season: Exhibit and holiday sale including cards, ornaments, gift packaging, drawings, paintings, pottery, jewelry and much more… featuring various artists such as Casey Heyen, Sara Luciano, Michelle Wheeler, Allison LaRussa, Gina D’Angelo, Emily Smith, Melanie Rosato, Christine Altmiller, Tina Sherwood, Amy Wyman, Ryan Tykosh, Lyndsey Hughes, Emily Taylor, Beth Tyrrell, Pat Weibel, Corrie Grant, Sean Costello, Erica Simon, Timmy Walsh, Sara Snodgrass, Michael Swanson, Gerry Stankiewicz, Paul Van Atta; modern Christmas music by Dom Fortese.
28. Northern Light Espresso Bar – Photography and assemblage art by Judy and Eli Marsh.
29. Over The Moon – Lisa Cunningham.
30. Penn Security Bank – Little Hands Big Art and Linn McDonald School of Dance: Various artists. Little Hands Big Art will present children’s interpretations of the sea, sky, and cityscapes including a variety of two dimensional work created by Lisa Temples-Maopolski’s students, ages 6-9. Linn McDonald School of Dance will present a tribute to the most wonderful season of the year as they perform in the style of the New York City Rockettes to the song, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”. Santa will also be there to mingle with the children.
31. Pierre’s Fine Clothing and Accessories – Photo Soup: Sarah Edwards.
32. POSH at Scranton Club – Yin-Yang: mixed media by Elizabeth Blackledge.
33. Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple – Nutcracker Suite: Scranton Civic Ballet Company. The Scranton Civic Ballet Company’s 26th annual production of The Nutcracker, under the artistic direction of Miss Helen Gaus, is being held December 7th and 9th at the Scranton Cultural Center. Ticketed event – free to the public.
34. Star Gallery – Grand Finale: Various artists featuring all of Star Gallery’s artists.
35. Starbucks – What Does a Forever Home Mean to You: Various children artists, K-12, from across the nation.
36. The Vintage Theater – Moth Project.
37. Wendell & Company Interior Design & Antiques – Holidays At the Ritz: Harold Zabady’s hyperrealism paintings and Timothy Nawrocki’s Scranton Furnaces, Architectural Interventions; music by Davis Brown.
Join us for Scranton’s Free Monthly Self-Guided Art Walk of the Downtown District.